Thursday, April 15, 2010

We Are The Truth

Adoption has been a wonderful thing for our family. Both of my children seem to be happy, well-adjusted boys. That’s not to say they are better off with me than they would have been had they stayed with their first families. As someone who’s really only benefited from adoption (no losses for me at all since it was not after failed infertility treatment--This was my first attempt to become a parent), I really can’t imagine my life without these two amazing children. I am beyond lucky to get to share them with their first families and call them my sons.
I will always be indebted to my sons’ first families who, indirectly, entrusted me with their care, and to their first country, Guatemala, which entrusted me with its most valuable resource, its children. While we have gained a family, it will always remain that Guatemala has lost two of her sons. I will always be mindful of that.
Is it always easy? NO
Is it ALWAYS worth it? YES!!!
Lend your voice to the JCICS Campaign and Call to Action here.

1 comment: