Wednesday, April 28, 2010

From "t-bawl" To TBALL!!!!!



Ok, so the kid didn't win the World Series or anything, but for this Mama, he may as well have!!! That's right, today Alex Geppert became......"A-Gepp" (Successor to A-Rod). Ok...I may be overstating things JUST a bit.

Our dear friend and neighbor, Mr. Andy (who will be inducted into the Neighborhood Hall of Fame) took Alex to T-ball practice and ACTUALLY convinced Alex to play and HAVE FUN!!!! Noah and I followed behind in our little rental "blend-in-with-the-world" Kia and stealthily parked in the parking lot and watched. For the first time since organized Tball started, Alex was out in the field, playing catch, hitting balls and running bases!!! WITHOUT CRYING!!!! In fact...I saw a HUGE smile on his face!! I am SO proud of him for overcoming his shyness and enjoying himself!

I wish I had pictures to post, but the closest I got was a tree line on the opposite side of the field so Noah could play on the playground. Ms. Amy and Eddie were out walking and stopped by the field to watch too. I must have hugged her 10 times in all of my excitement--if she had not been there I would have been forced to hug trees!!

Sadly, our game for this weekend is cancelled, but I hope to keep the momentum going by taking Alex and the rest of the Kenwood Krew Kids over to the field to just play play play and have fun. I truly have the best neighbors in the world--as a single mom, it is incredible to have so much loving support from those that live right by us....what a difference community makes!


GO SCRAPPERS!!!!!!

No comments: