As is common this time of year, I tend to reflect on the past year and begin wondering what the next has in store. It has been a magical year in many respects--mostly, of course, because 2008 brought "little" Noah home to complete our little family.
2008 is also a year that has brought much anxiety about the economy, jobs...etc. I know many people (myself included) are "cutting back" this year on Christmas. By "cutting back," though I hope we mean in the commercial sense and not in the spiritual sense. Despite the uncertainties of today, this Christmas is a light that shines brightly and guides us on the path to the hope of 2009 and beyond.
For some, this hope is all they have. I think of the song "Do They Know It's Christmas" that was done in 1984 by several muscians under the name BAND AID. Every year that song really puts things in perspective for me.
I am putting it on this blog to remind myself NOT to cut back on the spirit of Christmas....the spirit of hope.
Oh--and by the way, my dear cousin Karin will appreciate this--there is LOTS of footage of Duran Duran and our beloved Simon LeBon!! I'm sorry, but I still think they are HOT!!!!