Poor Alex. One week ago he was sitting on the kitchen floor with his hands in the track of the sliding door (unbeknownst to me). I opened the door...and well, you can see the result below. His middle finger bled a lot at the time, but I patched him up, and he seemed fine.
Over the last couple of days, his finger was looking worse (nail bed was grey, bleeding a lot, puffy...etc), so today we went to see Dr. Collings. It appears that most of his nail has been pulled from the nail bed, and he is going to lose it very soon. She put him on antibiotics for the brewing infection and put a splint on his finger to prevent the nail from getting snagged on anything. Alex was SUCH a big boy during the whole ordeal, and he has been a champ about keeping his splint on his finger.
This is his first "major" boo boo, so I just had to document it!! Hopefully this will be it for a LONG time.
Hasta Luego!
1 comment:
Sorry Alex,
At least I waited with your Mom until she was 8 or 9 years old before I smashed her finger in the door of the van in Grand Canyon, AZ. I know exactly how you feel. She was crying like crazy also, so please keep this message, just in case she tells you to be tough!!
Love you all
Opa
Post a Comment