Dear Alex and Noah,
You both noticed that today was a special day because the T.V. was on all day. I tried to explain to you what we were about to witness, but I knew you would not understand. Still, I wanted to share as much of this with you as possible...because someday, when you are reading about this day in history class, I want to be able to tell you that you saw it as it happened. The greatness of this day was not only the swearing in of the first African-American President in hisory...the true magic of this day was in watching millions (yes, MILLIONS) of people from ALL walks of life gather together and commit themselves to making the world a better place.
So, Alex, although what impressed you most today was footage of Air Force One ("Mommy, aiwpwane!!!!"), I pray that as your mommy, I will impress upon you the importance of service to others. That is my committment to you.
And Noah, although you spent a good deal of the inauguration coverage running from room to room hugging your stuffed puppy, I pray that as your mommy, I will guide your intense passion for life so that you may ignite a similar fire in those you touch.
You both noticed that today was a special day because the T.V. was on all day. I tried to explain to you what we were about to witness, but I knew you would not understand. Still, I wanted to share as much of this with you as possible...because someday, when you are reading about this day in history class, I want to be able to tell you that you saw it as it happened. The greatness of this day was not only the swearing in of the first African-American President in hisory...the true magic of this day was in watching millions (yes, MILLIONS) of people from ALL walks of life gather together and commit themselves to making the world a better place.
So, Alex, although what impressed you most today was footage of Air Force One ("Mommy, aiwpwane!!!!"), I pray that as your mommy, I will impress upon you the importance of service to others. That is my committment to you.
And Noah, although you spent a good deal of the inauguration coverage running from room to room hugging your stuffed puppy, I pray that as your mommy, I will guide your intense passion for life so that you may ignite a similar fire in those you touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment